Time for another one of our favorite vegan recipes! Aya loves parsnip, because it has a delicious taste and doesn’t really look like a vegetable once prepared. I like to turn them into ‘fries’ for her, which she really enjoys. But parsnip also tastes delicious in these veggie balls! Made with paprika, white beans and whole grain rice these are a very healthy and tasty snack or addition to your meal.
What you need for 17 Parsnip Balls
- 2 parsnips
- 1 paprika
- 1/2 can of white beans
- 3 handfuls of whole grain rice, barley or couscous
- 2 cloves of garlic
- mixture of salt, herbs and spices, from Oil & Vinegar
- olive oil
How to make these veggie balls
- Put some water on the stove for your rice.
- Cut up one parsnip into tiny little pieces. You can also grate the parsnip.
- Cut the other parsnip into fries-shaped pieces.
- Cut up the paprika and garlic.
- Cook the rice following instructions on the package.
- Fry all of your veggies in a little bit of olive oil.
- Put the white beans, the herbs and three tablespoons of olive oil in the kitchen machine and blend it to a nice, thick paste.
- Ad the rice to the paste and blend a bit more.
- Put the fried veggies into a bowl and let them cool off a bit.
- Add the paste and start kneading everything together, adding breadcrumbs as you go.
- Once everything is nicely meshed together, you can start making your veggie balls.
- Be sure not to make the balls too big and roll them in breadcrumbs if necessary.
- Put them in the fridge for at least two hours.
- When it’s time for dinner, fry the parsnip fries and the veggie balls in some olive oil. Be sure to give everything the time it needs.
- Serve everything with a little bit of tomato ketchup. Enjoy!